Why use a protein supplement?
Protein is an important component of the body. The Dutch governmental guidelines advise a daily intake of 50 grams of protein, at a reference intake of 2000 kcal per day.
You need protein to keep your body healthy. Mainly because there are nine essential amino acids that our bodies need. These amino acids cannot be produced by the body and must, therefore, be gotten from food.
The protein need of the body is dependent on several factors. For instance, if you are very physically active or training for muscle mass, you'll need more protein. Protein supplementation can also be desirable if you don't eat a lot of meat because it is more tricky to satisfy the complete protein need with just plants.
Not everyone will want to consume animal protein, for example, due to intolerance for milk (the source of whey protein), ethical considerations or personal preferences. Luckily, plant-based alternatives are available.
Why NuZest Clean Lean Protein
NuZest Clean Lean Protein is a vegetable protein powder made from peas (Pisum sativum). Peas are rich in protein and contain a complete profile of essential amino acids.
Responsibly produced and allergen-free
The peas are grown in France and processed in a modern Belgian facility into pea protein isolate. The process uses environmental-friendly, water-based extraction methods. No organic solvents, hexane, or denaturating agents are used in the pea protein processing. In this manner, the pea protein is kept intact as much as possible.
The processing facility does not process any food products that contain common allergens, ensuring that Clean Lean Protein is completely allergen-free.
Great flavour without unneeded additives
Unlike other protein supplements, Clean Lean Protein does not contain added sugars. The same goes for all protein supplements offered by LiveHelfi, by the way. NuZest Clean Lean Protein Strawberry has a great taste from natural vanilla and strawberry flavours and sweetness from Katemfe fruit extract (a natural sweetener).
Improved absorption due to fewer anti-nutrients
Anti-nutrients are naturally-occurring compounds in plants that reduce our absorption of proteins and other nutrients. Examples of these anti-nutrients are lectins, phytates, and trypsin inhibitors. NuZest removes as many of these compounds as possible from Clean Lean Protein to make the pea amino acids more bioavailable.
All benefits of NuZest Clean Lean Protein Strawberry
- European peas (Pisum sativum), so grown close to home
- 90% pure protein for easy supplementation
- The complete essential amino acid profile helps you fulfil all your amino acid needs
- Vegan, for when animal protein is not an option for you
- Easily digestible and light on the gut
- Allergen-free from source to isolate
- Increased uptake due to careful processing and fewer anti-nutrients
- No added sugars: a perfect fit for low carbohydrate diets
- 100% natural: no artificial flavours, colours, preservatives, and fillers
- Free from gluten, dairy, soy, lectins, and GMOs
- Kosher and Halal certified
- Environmentally friendly production using organically-grown peas
NuZest Clean Lean Protein is also available with the flavours Vanille, Chocolate en Natural.