Why NuZest Clean Lean Protein
NuZest Clean Lean Protein is a vegetable protein powder made from peas (Pisum sativum). Peas are rich in protein and contain a complete profile of essential amino acids. Protein is an important component of the body. The Dutch governmental guidelines advise a daily intake of 50 grams of protein, at a reference intake of 2000 kcal per day. You need protein to keep your body healthy. Essential amino acids cannot be produced by the body and must, therefore, be gotten from food.
NuZest Clean Lean Protein pea protein is easier to absorb because anti-nutrients have been removed as much as possible. Anti-nutrients are naturally-occurring compounds made by plants, which reduce the uptake of protein and other nutrients. Examples of anti-nutrients are lectins, phytates and trypsin inhibitors.
The peas are grown in France and processed in a modern Belgian facility into pea protein isolate. The process uses environmental-friendly, water-based extraction methods. No organic solvents, hexane, or denaturating agents are used in the pea protein processing. In this manner, the pea protein is kept intact as much as possible. The processing facility does not process any food products that contain common allergens, ensuring that Clean Lean Protein is completely allergen-free.
What benefits do you get from the Functional Flavours line?
The Functional Flavours line contains added ingredients which provide additional benefits to the body. Clean Lean Protein Chai Turmeric + Maca contains, in addition to pea protein:
- Curcumin powder
- Organic maca powder
- Ground cinnamon
- Natural chai flavours
- Black pepper
- Katemfefruit extract (natural sweetener)
NuZest Clean Lean Protein Chai Turmeric + Maca contains no added sugars. The natural sweetener Katemfefruit extract tastes delicious and has no aftertaste.
Aside from Clean Lean Protein Chai Turmeric + Maca, NuZest also offers the flavours Vanilla Matcha and Coffee Coconut + MCTs in this line.
All benefits of NuZest Clean Lean Protein Functional Flavours
- European peas (Pisum sativum), so grown close to home
- 90% pure protein for easy supplementation
- The complete essential amino acid profile helps you fulfil all your amino acid needs
- Vegan, for when animal protein is not an option for you
- Easily digestible and light on the gut
- Allergen-free from source to isolate
- Increased uptake due to careful processing and fewer anti-nutrients
- No added sugars: a perfect fit for low carbohydrate diets
- 100% natural: no artificial flavours, colours, preservatives, and fillers
- Free from gluten, dairy, soy, lectins, and GMOs
- Kosher and Halal certified
- Environmentally friendly production using organically-grown peas