Why Bulletproof Vitamins A-D-K?
Supplying ourselves with sufficient amounts of fat-soluble vitamins has become more difficult with the decreased use of organ meats in modern diets. Fortunately, we can use supplements to fill any deficits if we pay close attention to:
- the active forms of the vitamins (not all forms perform equally well)
- the dosage (overdosing is a greater risk due to storage in body fat)
Bulletproof Vitamins A-D-K provides three critical fat-soluble vitamins in one daily softgel, with the forms and dosages that are most effective according to modern scientific research. Their effort makes it easy for you to meet your daily vitamin needs.
Active Vitamin A
Vitamin A supports the condition of the eyes, maintains the health of the skin and contributes to a good immune system. For the latter, vitamin A works together with vitamin D.
Most people know vitamin A as beta-carotene from plants (which gives carrots their orange colour). The body uses vitamin A in its retinol form, which beta-carotene is converted to. Retinol is found in large quantities in liver and other organ meats.
Retinol is the superior vitamin A form for supplementation. This is mainly due to its rapid absorption and immediate utility in the body. Beta-carotene, on the other hand, must first be converted into functional vitamin A (and not everyone is well equipped, genetically speaking, to perform this conversion effectively).
The vitamin A included in Bulletproof Vitamins A-D-K is retinyl palmitate, retinol coupled to palmitic acid. This form is rapidly deployed as active vitamin A.
Bio-identical vitamin D
Vitamin D performs a huge range of functions in the body and contributes, among others, to the uptake of calcium from food, a normal immune system function, and maintaining bone health.
The largest source of vitamin D is the skin during direct sun exposure. Sunscreen and a modern lifestyle increase the risk of vitamin D deficiency, so most people do well to supplement their vitamin D production.
Several forms of supplemental vitamin D are available. Bulletproof Vitamins A-D-K contains cholecalciferol, the vitamin D (form D3) that the body also produces. And, as expected, cholecalciferol is the best absorbed and most active vitamin D supplement, compared to other available forms.
Have your vitamin D level tested regularly by your physician while using a supplement. Increased sun exposure (during summer, for instance) can elevate your vitamin D level, reducing the need for vitamin D supplementation.
Three forms of vitamin K
Bulletproof Vitamins A-D-K contains three different vitamin K forms: Vitamin K1 as phylloquinone and Vitamin K2 as MK-4 and MK-7. These vitamin K variants are all fully equipped to fulfil the essential vitamin K functions, but they each have their specialities.
Vitamin K1 is far more effective at supporting coagulation, where vitamin K2 excels at supporting skeletal health.
The two vitamin K2 forms also have unique advantages. MK-4 is the most active K2 form, but MK-7 remains in the body for longer, resulting in a meaningful contribution by both K2 vitamins in the short and long term.
By combining these three forms, you can be sure that your vitamin K needs are fully covered.
Benefits of Bulletproof Vitamins A-D-K
- Vitamins A, D & K in one softgel for convenience and ease.
- Optimal doses according to recent scientific research which is aligned with modern needs.
- For healthy bones, eyes, and immunity to name just a few functions.
- Usable forms of the vitamins that the body can put to immediate use.
- Multivitamin with synergistic nutrients: Vitamins D & K collaborate to maintain bone health and vitamins A & D contribute to the immune system function.
- High-dose vitamin K: 18x more K2 and 3x more MK-7 per dose versus commonly used 100 mcg vitamin K supplements.
- Child safe jar with a child-resistant cap.
- Soy-free production, a commonly-used source of vitamin K2.