The Benefits of Omega-3 Fatty Acids
The omega-3 fatty acids DHA and EPA (docosahexaenoic acid and eicosapentaenoic acid) are extremely beneficial for the body. The higher your daily DHA and EPA intake, the more benefits you experience. Below are several of the scientifically proven benefits.
Benefits at 250 mg or more DHA or DHA+EPA daily
DHA helps to maintain normal vision.
DHA plays a role in the functioning of the brain.
DHA and EPA are good for the heart.
Benefits at 2 grams or more EPA+DHA daily
EPA and DHA contribute to the maintenance of normal triglyceride levels in the blood. Blood triglycerides are free fats that are measured to determine the risk of cardiovascular disease.
Benefits at 3 grams or more EPA+DHA daily
EPA and DHA help maintain normal blood pressure.
Why Bulletproof Omega Krill Complex
High-dose Omega-3 supplement
Most of the benefits of omega-3 fatty acids are obtained at a daily intake of 3 grams or more of EPA + DHA. To get this much EPA and DHA from food, you would have to eat fish with every meal. A daily dose of 4 capsules of Bulletproof Omega Krill Complex provides you with at least 3 grams of EPA + DHA.
Omega-3 from various high-quality sources
EPA and DHA occur in different forms, such as triglycerides or phospholipids. Also, each source of omega-3s has a different ratio of EPA and DHA.
Bulletproof Omega Krill Complex is made with 5 different sources of omega-3 fatty acids:
- Antarctic krill oil
- Norwegian herring roe oil
- Pacific anchovy oil
- Pacific mackerel oil
- Pacific sardine oil
These fish species are all responsibly wild-caught and MSC (Marine Stewardship Council) certified.
Herring roe is rich in omega-3 fatty acids in phospholipid form. Herring roe is a by-product of herring fishing, so no additional herring are caught to harvest the roe.
The fish and krill come from the least polluted parts of the ocean, to keep the risk of pollution in the omega-3 oil as low as possible. The selection of short-lived, small fish species at the bottom of the food chain is also important to avoid contamination with toxins and heavy metals.
To ensure that the omega-3 oil is pure, undamaged and unpolluted, Bulletproof has Omega Krill Complex tested by an independent laboratory.
Gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) is an essential omega-6 fatty acid. The body can make a little GLA, but not enough to meet all your needs. That's why Bulletproof has added GLA from borage seeds. Borage seed is the richest natural source of GLA (about 20-26% of the seed is GLA).
Enriched with astaxanthin and hydroxytyrosol
Astaxanthin is a red pigment made by Haematococcus Pluvialis, a kind of algae. Bulletproof Omega Krill Complex contains extra astaxanthin, giving the capsules a deep red color.
Hydroxytyrosol is a vegetable polyphenol with antioxidant effects. Hydroxytyrosol is common in olives and is one of the reasons why olive oil has so many health benefits. The hydroxytyrosol from Omega Krill Complex comes from cold-pressed olives, extracted naturally without the use of solvents. This antioxidant protects the omega-3 fatty acids from oxidation damage.
All Advantages Of Bulletproof Omega Krill Complex
- High-dose Omega-3 supplement allowing you to take the daily dose with the most scientifically substantiated benefits
- Good for cardiovascular health due to the high dosage of EPA and DHA
- For the brain due to the high dosage of DHA
- Protects against oxidation via hydroxytyrosol
- 5 sources of omega-3 fats - Various complementary types and ratios of EPA and DHA
- With additional GLA to supply you with this essential omega-6 fatty acid
- Enriched with astaxanthin and hydroxytyrosol for the protection of omega-3 fatty acids against oxidation (by hydroxytyrosol)
- Tested for contamination and purity by an independent laboratory
- MSC certified wild-caught fish - responsibly caught fish and use of a fish by-product to minimize waste
- With lemon flavor to reduce the fish taste and smell of the oil